- Business and strategy
- Shareholder information
- Financial Statements
- Other information
GrandVision recognizes its responsibility to develop the business and provide eye care services and products in a sustainable and ethical way. Our customers and stakeholders expect us to deliver products and services that take into account all aspects of quality, sustainability, social responsibility and price.
In addition to the GrandVision Code of Conduct, we are in the process of implementing a number of CSR policies and procedures including an Environmental Policy, a Responsible Sourcing Policy, and a Human Rights Policy.
Minimizing our impact on the environment
GrandVision understands that caring for the environment is a major consideration when conducting any business. With the full commitment and active participation of all our employees around the world, we are dedicated to the following principles and actions:
- Complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations and other requirements
- Sourcing products that were manufactured in an environmentally responsible way, while maintaining our commitment to quality, through the efficient use of natural resources across the supply chain, and the establishment of relevant environmental performance improvement targets
- Encouraging employee participation and individual accountability for environmental actions
- Integrating environmental considerations into business planning, decision-making and daily activities
- Maintaining qualified and trained teams that ensure reliable, safe and efficient operations, while promoting continuous improvement of our environmental performance
- Increasing awareness of environmental programs and involving all relevant stakeholders in these efforts, including employees, customers, suppliers, community organizations, government officials, regulatory agencies and other key groups
- Introducing relevant KPIs to evaluate, benchmark and communicate our environmental performance
GrandVision looks at its entire value chain for opportunities to limit environmental impacts, foster economic stability among its suppliers, and reduce costs. We are committed to ensuring that we deal with suppliers that also recognize their responsibility to the people they employ, the communities they affect, and their impact on the environment.
By means of the company’s Responsible Sourcing Policy, we clearly communicate our expectations in these areas and assess supplier performance through a variety of measures. GrandVision looks to work with suppliers to ensure continuous reduction of any impacts on people and the environment.
The policy includes mandatory requirements on observation of human and labor rights in business relationships with GrandVision, as set out in the GrandVision Code of Conduct.
GrandVision ensures that all suppliers receive and acknowledges a copy of the summary of the Policy and that the importance to ethical business conduct is clearly communicated. GrandVision verifies alignment to the Responsible Sourcing Policy through the use of regular third-party audits. All employees engaged in procurement and with suppliers also have responsibility and accountability for compliance with this policy.
We are committed to business practices that do not infringe on human rights and that are aligned with various international standards of responsible business conduct, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Labor Organization’s Declaration on the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
GrandVision’s Global Human Rights Policy sets out standards, expectations, and commitments in relation to its responsibility to respect human rights across its own operations, and to not knowingly contribute to human rights violations by other parties.
These commitments apply to all GrandVision operations and to full-time, part-time, and temporary employees and independent contractors. They also apply to any subsidiaries, franchisees or joint ventures where GrandVision has a majority interest or management control. In those instances where GrandVision does not have a majority interest or management control, it strongly encourages its business partners to abide by the principles in this Policy.
The following human rights principles are those that GrandVision considers the most material within the scope of its activities:
- Child labor: GrandVision prohibits the employment and exploitation of children within its facilities and will not engage in or support the use of child labor
- Forced labor and freedom of movement: GrandVision prohibits all forms of forced or compulsory labor and thus all employment relationships must be voluntary in nature
- Freedom of association: GrandVision supports the right of all its employees to form and join trade unions and other organizations of their choice, and to bargain collectively in support of their mutual interests
- Discrimination and harassment: GrandVision prohibits all forms of discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, religion, gender, age, political opinion, national extraction, and social origin
- Working hours, compensation, standards of living: GrandVision respects the need for employees to have a balance between work and leisure. Working hours and overtime shall comply with applicable wage, work hours, overtime and benefits laws and regulations
- Workplace safety and health: GrandVision strives to ensure high standards of occupational health and safety throughout the organization
- Security: GrandVision is committed to fostering and maintaining a secure workplace for all employees and protecting employees, visitors and assets with reasonable and responsible security systems, measures and procedures in all facilities and events.